The Design, Sump Setup, Etc.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

fowler

Reaction score
Right, ive been doing some mesurements etc and I have the space to setup a marine tank and sump..

Basically, this is my Design..

Design.jpg

Sorry for the poor drawing but u get the idea..

Now, can u answer any of those questions for me? Also, your ideas and feedback would be very much appreciated as im not 100% sure on my ideas, so feel free to suggest things or change things..

:D

Here is how your design would work.

fowlerssump.jpg

is it a good idea to have the skimmer immediately before the refugium? surely this will steal all the goodies the macro wants.

fowler, you don't say what dimensions the tank will be.

the powerhead positions probably aren't the best.

is it a good idea to have the skimmer immediately before the refugium? surely this will steal all the goodies the macro wants.

fowler, you don't say what dimensions the tank will be.

the powerhead positions probably aren't the best.

Well ive been informed and told that this is a good position for the skimmer becuase it cannot possibly take up all the goodies as some water will flow pass it without going through it..

tank dimensions havnt been decided but itl be more than likely a 3ft tank in length and a foot high.. B)

Remember that you will only ever have your sump running at 2/3 water level. 1ft high means that the water will be around 8 inches. if you are ok with this then thats fine but dont try nad run the sump full with 12 inches of water in it

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back