The Cutest Fish I Have Ever Seen.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Kopix Nation

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I love this fish!!!! :wub: I want to know everything about them!!! I am going to study hard on them and savee up enough money to house one PROPERLY... The one thing I know is that they need BIG tanks... and alot of water changes. On the positive side they are full of personality and love fruits (peas too)... They grow 28 inches am I correct? And they are mostly plant-eaters right? So a planted tank would be out of the question...
The place I work at over the summer for fun has one juvinile giant goramy which I have fallin in love with :wub: .... Sadly I am afraid he might be sold before I can save up for him.... :-( I just think he is the coolest fishy... And between you and me I named him Junior (cause he is big but still a baby).... I would love more info on these magnificent fish!

claire

I just wish they did not nedd such big tanks. At least they are hardy fish. :) Their faces remind me of a dolphin's. :D I think their eyes are SO CUTE. :drool:

claire

it takes about 3.8 liters to make a gallon... the quick way that i always use to convert into gallons is to just divide the number of liters by 4.

200 liters / 4 = about 50 gallons.

If you type 200 litres in gallons into google, it'll come up with this:
200 litres = 52.8344102 US gallons

Easy conversion.

Bet a 200 gallon could do!!!! :hey: :look: :shifty: Well maybe a little smaller... could a 150 gallon do for the B.A.G? (B.A.G= BIG A** GORAMY) :shifty:

claire

its advised a minimun of 51/2 to 6ft long1 for an adult! if you have the room then why not...they need awesome filtration too!

They are lovely looking fish

There is a breeder by me that has a Giant Gouramis. They keep it in a 150 gal tank I think. I feel bad for it even though they take good care of it. This fish is just way to large to live in normal home aquaria. I would suggest at the very min. 300gals. Another thing to consider is there fish is 25 years old so you will have it longer than you keep most childeren.

I'm not trying to say someone shouldn't keep this fish. I just want you to know the commitment level involved with it.

Thank goodness I would keep the fish and its tank in the basement... All that weight from such a big tank could cause the floor to bust and the tank falling down into the basment! :crazy: Could a 250 gallon tank comprimize? It's not like I would keep any other fish in with him.

claire

There is a breeder by me that has a Giant Gouramis. They keep it in a 150 gal tank I think. I feel bad for it even though they take good care of it. This fish is just way to large to live in normal home aquaria. I would suggest at the very min. 300gals. Another thing to consider is there fish is 25 years old so you will have it longer than you keep most childeren.

I'm not trying to say someone shouldn't keep this fish. I just want you to know the commitment level involved with it.

You make great points.

Near me there is a giant gourami in a display tank. The tank must be near 900 gallons, and he still doesnt look too comfy. Not a fish you buy on a whim.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back