Texas Betta Society 2nd International Show

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

kelly did any wilds not sell?
and i would be interested in any metallics that did not sell. i may be getting a job this week so i can afford it now YAY!

We didn't have a big turn out of people interested in wilds this time. Last time Gerald was there and a few killifish people and they ll sold. Plus, most everybody had left by the time we got to the wilds.

I've been informed that the Singapore fish are in so I definitely am getting the dimidiata. Wally says the Enisae are as big as pugnax.
:huh:

I'll go look at what's left. I'll also post a pic of my metallic blue plakat :hey: He's so bright, same color as that BF.

there werent any giants for sale perhaps? I have been looking for a plakat giant male for ages...haha :hey:

awww,no Lady. As a matter of fact, the judge said my marble plakat was the largest plakat in the show, and there were probably a good 30 someodd plakats there. At least I could be proud of him for something :rolleyes:

0tbsbl.jpg

Here's my blue boy :hey:
0tbsbl2.jpg

Do the wilds have to be in a species only tank?

The green plakat boy and (is that a?) girl are nice. What's a far bid for the pair?

Oh so THAT'S the metallic blue you were talking about, Wuv! I'm glad you got him, I was admiring him at the show and would have wanted him myself if I had any interest in breeding blues... gotta love those blue lips!

Do the wilds have to be in a species only tank?
I'd say no... my imbellis pair are actually more active since I moved most of the fish out of my community tank to their tank to make room for my albimarginata; apparently they needed some dither fish. There are two WCMMS, two African dwarf frogs, a lone cory, and a lone oto in with them currently.

Sam, we have coccina and rutilans for sure, plus the imbellis,changrai,mahachai and smaragdina that I have. The others are getting dibs pretty quickly.

Sue~ I agree with Samantha but be extra choosy about tankmates if you are considering it. With that said, I have to admit that the imbellis are unbelievably beautiful in full color. I've never seen them show off like that in person until now. I adore them :wub:
Synirr~ I never thought I'd be in to blue either! But I couldn't resist him in all his bluey blueness :wub: And, I never thought I'd do red but look at what became of that :lol:

What would be fair to offer for 2 pair of imbellis?

The Species Maintenance Program of the IBC web site says they are the perfect candadate for a community tank.

The Thai breeder I got my last betta from (the Orange plakats and the black copper HM SuperDelta), Sanya Ponpal, is interested in what happened at the show. He has asked some questions. The first is how many betta were at the show? Would it be more convenient for someone else to speak to him? I think he's shy and uncertain. He hadn't sold very many Aquabid auctions. But the pics look like a large farm. He has just begun I believe to take lessons in English, which is why he engaged me in conversation.

Thank you, Kelly.

Include the cost of the green plakat pair, if they are siblings or same "Tail Type".

They were available last night when I posted, not today though.
The pictures do that black OHM no justice. He was quite spectacular in person, he sold for $$$.

He looks a lot like my petco baby Storin:
l012.jpg

Wow, such gorgeous bettas!! I love your blue baby!!

Most reactions

Back