Just thought id post a little mention for you all regarding some Customer service i recently received from tetratec. for those torn between a tetratec ex.... or another external filter this may sway your decision.
I currently have 3 tanks running on External tetratec Ex700 filters, knowing I'm as as clumsy as i am, i thought i would see how hard it would be to get spares (Mainly a spray bar and also the intake pipe with protector on the end) as i know there is going to be a day that I'm cleaning them, and knowing me smash them.
I searched the net for hours and found nothing so thought id send them a mail saying, "I'm a silly idiot and stood on my spray bar and inlet pipe for my tetratec Ex700, can you tell me where i could get replacements and the cost of these."
The following morning i had an email replay saying that only they (tetratec) could supply me these items but would need my address and the model number of the filter.
you can imagine what i thought when i read "ONLY THEY CAN SUPPLY THEM DIRECT"
I mailed them back 2 hours later re confirming its a tetratec Ex700 and the parts along with my address..
I heard nothing back for 2 days
until the morning post came along with it a parcel which contained a spray bar, inlet pipe and the protector and a little note hand signed with compliments from tetratec.
What a service i only inquired about how much it would cost and implied i had been an idiot (ready to be exploited and held over a barrel) and they sent out replacements to me at no charge at all.
Not only do the offer great external filters but the after service Ive had is just as good.
I currently have 3 tanks running on External tetratec Ex700 filters, knowing I'm as as clumsy as i am, i thought i would see how hard it would be to get spares (Mainly a spray bar and also the intake pipe with protector on the end) as i know there is going to be a day that I'm cleaning them, and knowing me smash them.
I searched the net for hours and found nothing so thought id send them a mail saying, "I'm a silly idiot and stood on my spray bar and inlet pipe for my tetratec Ex700, can you tell me where i could get replacements and the cost of these."
The following morning i had an email replay saying that only they (tetratec) could supply me these items but would need my address and the model number of the filter.
you can imagine what i thought when i read "ONLY THEY CAN SUPPLY THEM DIRECT"
I mailed them back 2 hours later re confirming its a tetratec Ex700 and the parts along with my address..
I heard nothing back for 2 days
until the morning post came along with it a parcel which contained a spray bar, inlet pipe and the protector and a little note hand signed with compliments from tetratec.
What a service i only inquired about how much it would cost and implied i had been an idiot (ready to be exploited and held over a barrel) and they sent out replacements to me at no charge at all.
Not only do the offer great external filters but the after service Ive had is just as good.








