TETRA

June FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

~FairyAngelFish~

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I was wondering... My tank isnt all high tech or anything I don't deal withph levels and the other such, but one of my two tetra's red color is fading and it looks speckled. Is there something wrong here? He also isn't as active as the other one which has full color. He lurks at the bottom.

You do mean a neon tetra don't you, you haven't just switched the tank lights on and noticed it have you, as sometimes they go pale when you first put the light on, it could be NTD, they lose there colour in the red stripe, does it have a lumpy tummy, does it look a creamish brown colour the faded area.

Yes it is a neon tetra, and I just noticed it this morning but I'm sure it has been there for about a day. No lump. No creamish brown color. Just faded spots and only in the red. And the blue seems the slightest jagged by like . <<that much
But i just found that could be natural

I think you will have to issolate the fish if you can faded spots do they look like patches or spots.

What does isolate mean? :/ In advanced cases spine may become curved
I noticed its spine isnt like the others but its not that bad it looks almost normal
i dont have another tank
So you mean he just has to die? Oh that's sad. :(
Wut do i do

I have had NTD and my neons spine went funny, if you don't get him out of the tank if he has NTD he will affect all of the fish, does he look in a bad way.

Dorkhedeos said:
is it like that in the afternoon too? tetras lose their color at night
i know they loose it at night lol i have always wondered why. but yes its this afternoon all day

Wilder said:
I have had NTD and my neons spine went funny, if you don't get him out of the tank if he has NTD he will affect all of the fish, does he look in a bad way.
lol wut do i do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all i have is a betta bowl/vase

Do you have a little heater with the vase.

If he gets any worse remove him from the tank, don't let him die in the tank as the parasite leaves the fish and if the fish nibble on him it will also pass to the others, if you have no scaless fish I would add some salt to the tank.

ok. if you have no scaless fish I would add some salt to the tank. <<wut exactly do u mean by that? :dunno:

Most reactions

Back