Tetra Behaviour

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

PandorasPool

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I have 6 Glowlight and 6 Black Neon in my tank. Is it normal behaviour for the Glowlight to chase each other around the tank and also my biggest Black Neon is staying in one part of the tank and is chasing any fish off that comes into that area. The Glowlights didn't even eat at feeding time this morning because they were too busy chasing each other around the tank. They have been in the tank for 10 days and everything was fine until this morning.

some tetra's can be a bit fiesty, my palmeri's are the same - always chasing each other. The males spar with each other when there's a female holding eggs. If your tank can take it then I'd look to increasing their number to 10. That will spread any aggression around more and it'll also help them to feel more secure and might even change this behaviour :)

Larger individuals in small groups tend to be bossy and often dictates the 'pecking order' during feeding time leaving smaller individuals starving. Increasing their number to avoid constant picking on one target and adding tall plants to block lone of sight and give others a chance to eat maybe useful

I had to get rid of one recently for harassing another fish literally to death. But the others seem to be fine. I think there's just an occasional dude with a bad attitude

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back