Tetra almost vertical please help!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

StripySnailGirl04

Fish Addict
Reaction score
UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Universe
One of my tetras are almost vertical. I've fed it flakes today but it is extremely bloated, swims very quick and too quick to be caught and put seperately. Do you need water parameters?

I'm sorry for the inconvenience but it is too quick for my phone to take a picture. Should I draw it?

What should I do? It was perfectly fine this morning!

Here is the drawing :
IMG_20220703_131811.jpg

If the tetra is floating and can't stay down in the water, it could have air in its intestine. This is usually caused by too much dry food and the fish taking in air while eating food at the surface.

you can stop feeding dry food for a week and use frozen or live instead, the problem can probebly solve itself. Feeding the tetra some smashed peas (without their skin) can sometimes help too.

If the fish still can't swim down and floats up when it stops swimming after a week without dry food, then it has a swim bladder problem.

A video of the fish would really help...
But I would recommend fasting the fish for a few days to a week and then feeding smashed peas without the skin.

You may want to switch to slow sinking pellets so the fish eat from the water column instead from the very top. It decreases the chance of them getting air inside them and getting bloated.

A good fart and future feeding in the water instead of on the surface will solve this.
Yetrasare mainly midwater feeders.

A good fart and future feeding in the water instead of on the surface will solve this.
Yetrasare mainly midwater feeders.
nothing like a bit of potty humour :)

all the fish are hiding over in one corner of the tank when the OP walks in the room and goes WTF is that smell?

little tetra swimming around going "it wasn't me"

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back