Tested my water

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

SHERRIFFP

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi and all was perfect guess that how it should be the process has not started yet. Watched loads of video on you tube and read articles on here.

API quick start added before test. Now to get ammonia spiked I may add fish food or do the fish on method

don't do fish in, it's risky and not good for the fish. add ammonia chemicals. api quick start works for me

I found these little bacteria ball things? There is no measuring involved since they're dosed for 30gal a ball, It took 5 weeks for the cycle, but i liked them because of not measuring haha
Screenshot_20210502-173306_Chrome.jpg

I found these little bacteria ball things? There is no measuring involved since they're dosed for 30gal a ball, It took 5 weeks for the cycle, but i liked them because of not measuring hahaView attachment 135893
yes, plunk 2 of em in there and it will cycle simply. i do not reccomend cycling with bare tank, get a filter with sponge or mesh and some rocks, it will give the bacteria a place to live

yes, plunk 2 of em in there and it will cycle simply. i do not reccomend cycling with bare tank, get a filter with sponge or mesh and some rocks, it will give the bacteria a place to live
Where can you buy some seeded media on the Uk any one know anywhere

You'll have to look online I reckon... Haven't cycled a tank like that in donkeys as I've always had media from another tank ?

Ive had this on order but cancelld it when I didnt know what I was ordering ha ha

With fish food, it needs to break down to make ammonia. There is no way to know how much ammonia has gone into the tank. So once the cycle finishes, you need to add fish a few at a time, testing every day and only getting the next batch when ammonia and nitrite have been zero for a week.
Don't forget to remove the food before it goes mouldy.

You can still use the fishless cycling method on here for guidelines about when to add more food - this method is based on the test results for when to add more ammonia (or food)

If at any time ammonia reads higher than 3 ppm, do a water change to get it down. The wrong species of ammonia eater grows at high levels.

Agree with the above, MUCH easier (and more precise) to use the Dr. Tim's rather than the rotting food method...

I’m cycling a tank at the moment using fish food.I’m on the 5th week and I’ve just began to see nitrites.
On the first day I added about three times more flake than I would feed the fish in a day and then topped it up every few days with the amount of flake I would feed the fish with.Once the ammonia rose to between 4 and 8ppm I began changing 25% of the water every other day,without adding anymore fish food.
I effectively overdosed with fish food,then kept the ammonia down by performing water changes.
I’ve cycled a 200l tank with a cube of cheese before,it doesn’t have to be bottles of chemicals or fish food lol.
Cheese produces high amounts of ammonia.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back