Test results...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

_@ailyNC so what fish do you keep mainly. I assume livebearers, but tetras are off the list

I've 4 Neon Tetra that should never have been sold to me. It was early on & tank has had worming & ich treatment since. But my intention is to return them. They are not suited to my water at all..

I keep livebearers & cherry barb. I've used SimplyFish to guide me with regards ph & gh. I've also come across lots to show Sri Lanka is a hard water area & some fish from there would be suitable.

Silvertip Tetra is suitable up to ph 8. And Bristlenose Pleco up to 8.2. Lots of Rainbowfish too.

However @Brendanpat has softer water than I do so not sure how my fish stock would suit his tank.

I've 4 Neon Tetra that should never have been sold to me. It was early on & tank has had worming & ich treatment since. But my intention is to return them. They are not suited to my water at all..

I keep livebearers & cherry barb. I've used SimplyFish to guide me with regards ph & gh. I've also come across lots to show Sri Lanka is a hard water area & some fish from there would be suitable.

Silvertip Tetra is suitable up to ph 8. And Bristlenose Pleco up to 8.2. Lots of Rainbowfish too.

However @Brendanpat has softer water than I do so not sure how my fish stock would suit his tank.
They are great choices you are on to it !!

I actually think I need glasses at this stage from eye wear :rofl:
That's just getting old..........I had to get glasses last year and only since getting them have I realised how much I need them.

It's when you find conflicting sources of information saying 3 different things that your head really starts to spin, and now Khaden wants a puffer........

@itiwhetu My tanks are 8-8.2. but I select fish that are ok in it close to that ph.

@Brendanpat I do think that you'd an ammonia spike when you experienced those deaths. And you're now at zero but with some nitrite - this is how the bacteria cycle goes. Do a big water change and you should get that Nitrite to zero. The water changes are good for your fry too. Then test every day or every 2 days until you see consistency in results.

Always change water if ammonia and/or Nitrite are above 0 and/or Nitrate above 20ppm. 75% water changes is what I do.

I'm now in a stable place that my tank is tested once a week & water changed (even if all levels are good). Weekly water changes do good for the tank. If I spot my fish changing behaviour I will immediately test water again.
Hi ciuld these be cory eggs ?

Attachments

• 20201003_151054.jpg
    20201003_151054.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 40
High just got my new master test kit ,was using the strips until now . Can anyone advise on the results please ?
I use apifishcare.com! I can enter my tanks, log test results, water conditions and the like and get a detailed treatment plan, however I find fellow fishkeeper's experience more of a help sometimes.

Most reactions

trending

Back