TB in Fish, require a nuclear strike?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

mikeyFish

Reaction score
I have a difficult choice to make and need some advice.

Two weeks ago I moved 12 tanichthys albonubes (white cloud mountain minnows) from my sister's old tank into a newly cycled one. I had noticed a while ago that a couple of them had bent spines and looked underfed. I (stupidly) thought nothing of this but have now become aware through some research and the development of more symptoms that they are possibly infected with fish TB. I have reason to believe that a number of the others are infected as well

I have 'euthanised' those affected as instructed but am now unclear what step to take next. I had hoped to add more fish in the near future but realise that this can't occur until the current problem is solved.

I have moved all the remaining fish to a hospital tank and was wondering if I should completely strip down and disinfect the main tank (start again basically) even though they have only been in it for a couple of weeks

(I am aware of the precautions I need to take to prevent suffering infection myself)

mikeyFish said:
wondering if I should completely strip down and disinfect the main tank (start again basically)
yes you should strip down the tank and start again.

I'm sorry to hear that your fish have TB, good luck with the next set up.

Most reactions

Back