Tanks Off Ebay

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Cheers for that .
Will have a look in a bit .
I think they are a lot more expensive though when you go up too 8ft x 30" x 24" .
Off ebay supplier £400 .
Thanks . If not much in it will go with reputable supplier .

just double checked to make sure im right and yep the ebay 1 is £385 the nd 1 is £399 . . think of it this way , a glass box holding back almost a ton of water with nothing but silicone. anybody can stick a few sheets of glass together , heck i could probably do it . but would i want to put 900L of water in it .......... errm no.
when you look at it like that £14 is worth paying for peace of mind imo .

again just my personal choice but id forget about the extra 6" in the height. its not really gaining you anything stocking wise and just makes maintainence harder .

Was hoping at the end of the day for someone who has bought off them to give me some possitive feedback.
As you correctly say . 900 litres getting on for a ton in weight. Lots of pressure.
Dont think could sleep at night.
As the saying goes - Stick to what you know- in other words i think will be goin down the N D route.
Will keep an eye out though for anyone who as bought off Lush Lola on ebay, just out of curiosity . :good:

Ebay tank update :unsure:
Well i had a very informative email responce from ebay seller .
They reckon that they will do a 8ft x 2ft x2ft with ground edges (not polished)
Guarrented for 2 years.
With a safety rating of 3 - 4.
Constructed out of 10mm glass.
Condensation cover glass.
polystyrene for base.
Delivery cost on request post code required.
Tank delivered in wooden packing crate .
£385.00

For an 8ft x 2ft 6" x 2ft in 12mm as above
£600.00
Not bad eh ?
Like i say - do you stick with established companies or give someone new a chance ?
Just been ripped off by Vodaphone so something be said for shopping around :crazy:

Hello,
You could look at the sellers feedback and if there has been any previous buyers of the tank in question, go to there profiles and email them to get some opinions on it.

Keith.

YES good idea Keith , might just have a look bit later , cheers mate.
All i did notice was that she had 100% possitive feed back.
Have got finish kitchen re vamp first before ordering tank anyway.
:angry:

it certainly sounds good , and i agree they are saying all the right things , but for an unproven builder i think id still want some feedback from somebody that actually has 1 of their tanks. altho having said that even the established boys like nd aquatics and aquariums ltd had to start somewhere . you could always try typing the question into google , has anybody bought a tank from lush lola and see what comes back?

Just tried a quick google search on lush lola etc
Guess what came up at the top of results search - tanks off ebay troptcal forum.net ha ha .
Was hoping somebody on this forum might have dealt with her and posted a comment .
Cheers mate.

Look at their feedback. There is not one single entry from anyone who has ever purchased a fish tank from them. This looks like it could be their first attempt, or they're doing this for someone else. They have 14 tank items listed, some of which have 10 available. Something is most definately "fishy", (sorry).

Avoid.

Very good points - definetly looks a bit odd will admit that .(all sounds to good be true)
If i cant find anyone who has purchased off them then will steer well clear.
Like i said earlier posting , there is a lot of dodgy tanks coming in from abroad so be carefull out there fish friends,
do a bit of research before jumping in at the deep end .
It is so easy to get drawn into a bargain buy , especially in todays current climate.
Will keep on the case though and see what comes up.
The old saying just sprung into my mind - PENNY WISE , POUND FOOLISH
:good:

i checked her feedback too and its all nearly from her buying stuff , the only feedback from stuff shes sold is an xbox and a few games. i think id steer clear pay the exttra 14 quid and get a reputable proven builder . i dont think id be that brave .

Yes think you right .
Thanks for taking a look at it for me, cheers for that .
On another note - just bought a bow fronted Juwel tank 3ft x 2ft x 16" complete set up (no fish)
Stand hood filter lights media pump and load of bits off my mate for £175.00
Only 12 months old - He going work abroad .
Happy Days :lol:

there is a 5x2x2 full setup new modal Juwel Rio 400 going for £170 in aquarist classified com

Thanks - thought i did well till you told me that. ha ha
Was a spur of the moment buy you know how it is .
Did us both a favour .
Came home to the words "where are you going put that one " ringing in my ears.
Dont want make to many waves cause of the 8 footer coming soon . Touch wood.

Most reactions

Back