Tankmate Suggestions For My Cherry Shrimp

hopefully these are clear, first time trying to add pictures and i had to try and reduce the file size! here goes......
shrimps1.jpegshrimps2.jpegshrimps3.jpegshrimps4.jpeg

The shrimps look great!! Are they all settling in okay?

If you have the yellow & cherry shrimp in the same tank they will interbreed & you'll end up with very dull coloured shrimp.
Do you know the proper name for the blueberry as they could interbreed too if they're from the same family

blueberry shrimp will most likely cross breed with your red cherry shrimp as will any yellow cherry shrimp since they are all neocaridina. Allowing them to cross generally just brings about wild colouration young, which can be hard to get rid of.
However you can safely keep together one of the cherry shrimp colour variations, bumblebee shrimp (caridina) and the Rhino shrimp since all of these are different families and the rhino shrimp needs brackish conditions for its larval young to survive.

Thanks Jay, yep all settling in wonderfully! No problems at all and all the shrimps are very active. Love the rhino shrimps!!!

yes lillefishy they are in the same tank, I'm not too worried about the interbreeding thing, I'd heard about that but i guess i'll just wait and see what happens!

The Assassin snails you mentioned 'taking a ride on each other's backs', er.......... well.........um........how to put this...............they literally are taking a 'ride' if you get my meaning! 
blush.png

They are horny devils 
devil.gif
and will probably be at it for hours/days.

I have 2 assassin snails too, and they do this all day long! What stamina! 
smile2.gif
 lol

Got eggs all over the tank but none have hatched so far.

Really would like to see tiny little Assassins.

Great pics and do keep this up.

hahaha love it lol!!!! I had wondered if thats what they were up to! I don't mind so much but the reason i put them in the tank were to try and keep the population of pest snails under control. They don't seem to be interested in eating the other snails, now I know its because they're too buy doing other things!!!

Ch4rlie said:
The Assassin snails you mentioned 'taking a ride on each other's backs', er.......... well.........um........how to put this...............they literally are taking a 'ride' if you get my meaning! 
blush.png

They are horny devils 
devil.gif
and will probably be at it for hours/days.

I have 2 assassin snails too, and they do this all day long! What stamina! 
smile2.gif
 lol

Got eggs all over the tank but none have hatched so far.

Really would like to see tiny little Assassins.

Great pics and do keep this up.
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back