Tank suitability for ADF's

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Looking at the size you've selected it's 17 litres/3.5ish gallons. It's a bit on the small side, that size would only really be suitable for 1 and they prefer being in groups. I would say aim for 15 gallons give or take for 3. I have learned the hard way in the past that they don't do well in unsuitable conditions. Great little characters if you do get some, just be sure to use an appropriate substrate like sand, give them floating plants and places to hide and don't get a tank that's too tall.

Looking at the size you've selected it's 17 litres/3.5ish gallons. It's a bit on the small side, that size would only really be suitable for 1 and they prefer being in groups. I would say aim for 15 gallons give or take for 3. I have learned the hard way in the past that they don't do well in unsuitable conditions. Great little characters if you do get some, just be sure to use an appropriate substrate like sand, give them floating plants and places to hide and don't get a tank that's too tall.

Hi, thanks for the feed back, yes I did wonder if it was on the small side, the tank I initially ordered to separate out the female endlers so I can maybe us it for that purpose and buy something bigger for the adfs.

BB

Hi, thanks for the feed back, yes I did wonder if it was on the small side, the tank I initially ordered to separate out the female endlers so I can maybe us it for that purpose and buy something bigger for the adfs.

BB
I kept some in a similar size tank before I knew better and my ignorance led to constant water quality issues and eventually they died. They don't need tons of space but definitely more than that size, although a lot of websites say they're poor swimmers my current ones are pretty active and quite quick!

I kept some in a similar size tank before I knew better and my ignorance led to constant water quality issues and eventually they died. They don't need tons of space but definitely more than that size, although a lot of websites say they're poor swimmers my current ones are pretty active and quite quick!
Cool, how many do you have in your tank and what size is it ?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back