CKutz
Fishaholic
Well this is a little different i suppose, most people wonder what they can get in their tank.
I'm wondering what tank i need to get in what i want.
This tank will be going back and forth with me to college, so it can't be bigger than 20 gallons...probably a 20 tall also, not the long version.
I currently have 6 harlequin rasbora, 1 cherry barb, small apple snail, 1 female betta (probably replaced with dwarf gourami once the ex decides she'd like her fish back
)
I would like to add:
1 male, 1 female, peacock gobbies
maybe 6 pygmy cories, not real certain on that yet
a female cherry barb,
maybe some shrimp, or another snail..or both
I've also been really wanting to get into plants a bit.
I've heard that the height of a tank is not all that meaningful, in which case the 24 tall, 15 g are the same, 24 x 12. but then i consider that my 10 is 20 x 10...and it just doesn't seem like much of a difference...so is it worth it? I would like to add somethings to what i currently have, but i don't want to cramp the fish too much, and i want some room for flexibility incase i run into something i'd really like to get.
Any thoughts? I found a 15g tank at a local thrift store, for $15, so I'm considering that.
I'm wondering what tank i need to get in what i want.
This tank will be going back and forth with me to college, so it can't be bigger than 20 gallons...probably a 20 tall also, not the long version.
I currently have 6 harlequin rasbora, 1 cherry barb, small apple snail, 1 female betta (probably replaced with dwarf gourami once the ex decides she'd like her fish back
)I would like to add:
1 male, 1 female, peacock gobbies
maybe 6 pygmy cories, not real certain on that yet
a female cherry barb,
maybe some shrimp, or another snail..or both
I've also been really wanting to get into plants a bit.
I've heard that the height of a tank is not all that meaningful, in which case the 24 tall, 15 g are the same, 24 x 12. but then i consider that my 10 is 20 x 10...and it just doesn't seem like much of a difference...so is it worth it? I would like to add somethings to what i currently have, but i don't want to cramp the fish too much, and i want some room for flexibility incase i run into something i'd really like to get.
Any thoughts? I found a 15g tank at a local thrift store, for $15, so I'm considering that.







