Tank Stock

shortymet55

Fishaholic
Joined
Sep 23, 2007
Messages
468
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Maryland
Over the last few months, Ive lost the occasional fish. Most Ive had for 2 years or so, and my water stats are where they need to be, so I suspect they just grew old.

Anyways, I want to add fish to fully stock my tank again.

I really want 3 more Red Clawed Shrimp. I also think my lone Swordtail would benefit from company. How many swordtails should I get? What gender (Mines a male)? Anything else I should add?

Thanks
 
I shouldnt have too many baby problems, as my Angels like to eat. However, I have an empty tank, so I wouldnt mind the ability to move the mother and keep the babies. Should I get 2 females then? Good 2:1 ratio of females to males.
 
Very Nice.

Is my stocking good then with 2 more shrimp and 2 more swordtails? Room for anything else?

Thanks
 
your stocking will be fine then. keep it at that as you will end up with lots of babies and you might want to keep afew. also when you put the femal in to the breeder tank, once she is fineshed giving birth, take her out and put her back in with the male and female again as she wil eat the babies.
 
Would a Bristlenose plec fit aswell? And will my man care what kind of swordtail the ladies are? Can I go with a different kind. I have too much orange in my tank, so another kind of swordtail would be better, but I dont want the man to feel lonely still.
 
Please help. I don't plan on having babies survive the angels so no need to save room for them.
 
Im going with the bristlenose. I assume there will be no issues, otherwise someone would have spoken up. But now I dont think ill be able to get my hands on any red clawed shrimp. I went to the shop I bought them, and there out.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top