Tank Size, Breeding

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

JoBodude

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Ok i am thinking about a 10gl. breeding project...lol.....i searched the posts, couldnt really find anything helpful about breeding them, but i have seen some about babies and it being easy?

well:

10gl.
unheated
Is filtered
lots of hiding spots
might get some fish(inexpensive ones) for them to pick at to immitate wild behavior (is this mean?)
and all i need is either (you answer):

2-3 blue lobsters?
OR
2-3 Crayfish?

THANKS EVERYONE!, EVERY BIT OF ADVISE WILL HELP ME!

Hmmm, well, at least youve taken the time to look around.
I have a male and female, and was told that it was more likely that one would eat the other.
In fact, a friend of mine put a deposit on a male and female, only to be told when he came to collect them, that the male had killed and partially eaten the female. Ouch!.
Perhaps I got lucky.. mine have mated and I've got a bunch of young ones.
The female is with berry again (is impregnanted again).
I've been told that when they mate they mate for life. If she hatches these ones then she needs to be removed 'cos she needs a rest!
The male is huge at the moment 'cos hes been able to moult but she remains the same size 'cos she has been carrying babies too long.

Good luck with mating yours.
:D

Any specific info i need to know?

size tank?

and stuff? lol just basics well detailed for me to know lol

thanks for any info!

In my many years of breeding/keeping crays, i have found they will breed in anything!
I had a male and female (of breeding size) in a 4Gal and they bred.
Its about the water temp, and sunlight.
Most Crays breed during summer.
So it is more then possible if your crays are of similar size and both sexually mature you will have babies.
Good luck.

here we go, check this page out.

I had a male and female togther but the male became beaten by his wife!! lost a claw and managed to get his other claw damged in the battle plus both antenna snipped!!

when u do get your craws keep a close eye for bllying and if you spot any separate them!!

opps forgot the link!!- http://www.bluecrayfish.com/cherax_genders.htm

thanks soo much! i think i might start a 10gl. breeding tank for crays!

i cant wait!

will they eat there babies?

thanks in advance!

~JoBodude~

Most reactions

Back