Tank Setup Question

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Dwashko

Reaction score
So i currently have a 29 gallon tank. (Setup near two windows and a heater vent). Im looking to upgrade to a 90 gallon or maybe larger setup but the stand would be over a heater vent and have a large window behind it (closed). How much would this influence the tank. Would i still be able to keep an effective community tank with the heater and window. Does anyone have any experience with this?

You would have to watch how the tank temperature stays. If it fluctuates too much or over heats then you would have to move it. 
Make sure you have a heater as well because otherwise the temperature will fluctuate causing stress to the fish.

Be wary of summer sun coming through the windows.  I have a tank near a window, and it does get warmer in the summer, but not too much. In fact, I'm sure my plants benefit from the extra natural light.  However, my 10g tank, though it doesn't get too much sunlight, gets pretty warm in the summer (~80-83F) because the whole room in general is warm from the facing of the window.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back