Tank setup help

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Bowlby

Reaction score
How's it going everyone. So, I've been a hobbyist for about 12 years, I've had a 55, 75 and 125 gallon tank going, usually with semi-aggresive setups, my 55 gallon I usually kept as a Ram tank. My other two tanks I kept everything from barbs, angels, hatchets, loaches etc and ually always kept a red tail shark, (they are truly my favorite). Right before covid I had a breakout of fin rot that I beleive came from a cleaning company that I used that really ran through all 3 of my tanks, then an infistation of Malaysiam trumpet snails that really took so much effort to contain I lost my passion of the last two years. I sold my 55 and 75 and I have completly emptied my 125, and removed all the substrate and am trying again.

Long story long, I really want to center my tank on an electric blue Jack Dempsey. Aside from angels, I've never had any large cichlids before so I really don't know much about what you can and cannot house with them. Obviously I know they are territorial, they will eat smaller fish, but how wil something like a redtail shark do with one? Tiger barbs? Other large cichlids? Is 125 enough room for a jack Dempsey and a firemouth?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I also use black planted eco substrate, is that too rough for them?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back