Tank progression

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Danny Bell

Reaction score
Sorted out proper light for my tank and plenty of new plants also picked up a few new fish as well got a lovely red cichlid next week will be a second filter

It's a bit cloudy as I've only just done a water change and added sand
Before
14nmnhz.jpg

After
24bjfx2.jpg

I huge update compared to what I entered into the tank of the month

Also found a baby rabbit snail which is odd since I only have one and have had it for over 2 months lol
2ql48hy.jpg

New Red zebra Cichlid
2dikq6w.jpg

Is the zebra cichlid in the same tank as the livebearers (mollies, guppies, platy)?
If yes, it will probably kill them when it matures.

Mbuna (Pseudotropheus species) are some of the most aggressive aquarium fish you will ever encounter and should not be mixed with peaceful fishes like livebearers. If you have another aquarium to move the cichlid into, then do, otherwise return it to the shop you got it from and get a refund.

I know they are not good tank mates with other fish but I have read that they can be peaceful at the moment his mouth is too small to get any of my other fish plus he's my secret weapon in convincing my wife we need another tank ...

Been watching him constantly since we've got him he's been very peaceful swimming happily with the other fishes my 2 Black mollies are another question caught them fighting between themselves yesterday afternoon I thought mollies would be peaceful

Next morning Crystal clear water
168ag7b.jpg

Livebearers live in groups and the biggest fish is usually in charge and top boss.
If you have 2 males they will argue over who is in charge. Once they work out the pecking order they settle down.

If you have a male and female, the male will pester and harass the female.

Livebearers live in groups and the biggest fish is usually in charge and top boss.
If you have 2 males they will argue over who is in charge. Once they work out the pecking order they settle down.

If you have a male and female, the male will pester and harass the female.
ALL of my mollies are male

Your tanks looks to be shaping up...you might consider entering another TOTM contest to show off your progress

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back