Tank Mates & Stocking

Yep rehome all the fish you can!

As far as 700l goes, if you FORGET ABOUT THE GARS and add 1 more clown loach then you are getting there - depending on filtration.

By the way, have you actually priced this little lot up?


P.S. the 1 inch to 1 gallon 'rule' really does not work. Example, 1x Neon Tetra is 1" of fish but an Oscar at say 4" long is about 16x the bulk so = to about 16x neon tetra.

what is the best rule to add it up then?

im gonna use a huge canister filter!!

K ill forget about the gars and get another clown loach is there any other fish i could put in there aswell to take the gars place like a armoured bichir or severum?

i can go with ur opinion and who ever gets the best fish ill name the fish after ur name in your account

eg BGK-JohnRossDele

or scarlet plec-indigoj
 
In a 700l?

I'd leave out the larger eel which gives you more options like some of the larger rainbow fish, ctenopoma (look up leopard bush fish or climbing perch) or an Oscar (just 1) - Geophagus are nice too.

What do you want - lots of 'pretty' fish or a couple of big fish with personalities?

Oh and my 680l tank is filtered with 2x externals (fx5 and aquaone 1200) and only has 5 fish in at the moment. I'm adding a tetratec ex 1200 when I move over my plec - just to give you an idea od the filtration needed.
 
In a 700l?

I'd leave out the larger eel which gives you more options like some of the larger rainbow fish, ctenopoma (look up leopard bush fish or climbing perch) or an Oscar (just 1) - Geophagus are nice too.

What do you want - lots of 'pretty' fish or a couple of big fish with personalities?

Oh and my 680l tank is filtered with 2x externals (fx5 and aquaone 1200) and only has 5 fish in at the moment. I'm adding a tetratec ex 1200 when I move over my plec - just to give you an idea od the filtration needed.

i like oddballs coz:

1) they look very interesting & move very interestingly, every time i had visitors around they loved lookin at my bgk and saying ''does he not get tired of movin his fins like that''!! :lol: :lol:

2) u dont just see a fish like them in every day lives

3) just my taste of fish!! :D

maybe ill get 2 r 3 canister filters r should i use a different type of filter all together? :unsure:
 
Look for big externals. I like the tetratec but any decent external will do.

Oddballs are great, you just have to be more careful about stocking if you want unusual fish.

I keep 4x Ctenopoma and 4x Reedfish with my BGK in a 5ft tank with a shoal of Praecox rainbows as dither fish. This will not work once the BGK grows as he may eat the rainbows but I have a 3ft tank for them to go in.
 
Look for big externals. I like the tetratec but any decent external will do.

Oddballs are great, you just have to be more careful about stocking if you want unusual fish.

I keep 4x Ctenopoma and 4x Reedfish with my BGK in a 5ft tank with a shoal of Praecox rainbows as dither fish. This will not work once the BGK grows as he may eat the rainbows but I have a 3ft tank for them to go in.

I like the climbing perch or would a bichir be ok
ill get a tetratec external filter then :good:
thanx i dont know were id be without ur advice!!! :)
thanx again!! :D :D :D :D :D
 
Look for big externals. I like the tetratec but any decent external will do.

Oddballs are great, you just have to be more careful about stocking if you want unusual fish.

I keep 4x Ctenopoma and 4x Reedfish with my BGK in a 5ft tank with a shoal of Praecox rainbows as dither fish. This will not work once the BGK grows as he may eat the rainbows but I have a 3ft tank for them to go in.

I like the climbing perch or would a bichir be ok
ill get a tetratec external filter then :good:
thanx i dont know were id be without ur advice!!! :)
thanx again!! :D :D :D :D :D


big tanks normally benefit from 2 externals (one at each end), same with heaters.
 
You could have bichir but think you'd have a VERY bottom heavy tank. I'll think of some ideas for nice mid-sized mid water fish.

Have you thought about the stocking of your current tank though?
 
If you want some decent externals, you won't go far wrong with Fluval FX5's. I have two filtering my 187 UK gallon tank and they are fine.
 
May I please remind everyone of the Genaral Rules of TFF:-

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise a violation of any law.

Anyone in violation of these rules will be dealt with accordingly. Please don't let this thread get out of hand, or it will be closed.

The moderating and admin team appreciate everyone's co-operation on this matter.

BTT
 

Most reactions

Back
Top