Tank Mates For Festivum's

strangeworld2002

Fish Crazy
Joined
Jul 2, 2008
Messages
266
Reaction score
10
Points
18
Location
Cheshire, UK
Hi,

I am looking at some tank mates for my festivum's the tank is a juwel rio 180 and I have two Festivums in there at the moment. If I can I would like to introduce other amazon cichlids I was also thinking whether some denison barbs would be Ok to hold their own with cichlids?

Thanks
 
IMO the tank isn't really big enugh to hold 2 Festivums when fully grown, 1 would be ok just,
I also think that a large active shoaling fish like denissonii barbs also need a bigger tank.

In that tank size i would go with 1 Festivum, with Angels and Keyholes,
if it was bigger i would have said go for a Severum and Blue Acara
 
Thanks.
Say if my tank was bigger what would be other suitable tankmates, not neccesarily looking for cichlid tank mates so any suggestions are welcome, try not to think of the tank size too much I just want to weigh up my options. I have bigger tanks too if I need to move at any time.
 
Thanks.
Say if my tank was bigger what would be other suitable tankmates, not neccesarily looking for cichlid tank mates so any suggestions are welcome, try not to think of the tank size too much I just want to weigh up my options. I have bigger tanks too if I need to move at any time.

TBH i would treat the Festivums just as you would treat Angels or even juvi Severums,

They should be fine with most larger tetras, rainbows, Gouramis, none aggressive barbs, and even larger dithers like SD's and Ssharks
Also most dwarf cichlids and medium cichlids like acaras and rainbow cichlids should be ok,
 

Most reactions

Back
Top