Tank Maintence - Advice Needed.

Leedsboi86

Fish Addict
Joined
Aug 7, 2006
Messages
868
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Leeds - United Kingdom
Hey everyone.

Have abit of trouble today.

I have bought some wood for my Aquarium and I am wanting to put it in today, It's already been soaked for tannin at the store.
Problem is my Female Kribensis has started diggin under a fake log I want to remove, Mainly cause it has nasty green slime algae on it.

What will happen if I do this? will she make another nest or will that be it for her?
It's a 20G tank and all thats in is a Kribensis pair.
 
I would take it out and put the wood in its place, she will either take to it or not, has she actually laid eggs yet?
 
Im not big on Kribs so I cant say, but I imagine she will find somewhere else to lay them.
 
yeah in my experience she will find somewhere to nest. i had kribs in my small tank the spawned in there and when i upgraded i put them in the big tank and she has found a rock to dig under and they are at it again. best things to provide are cave-like structures made from rocks etc. if you put enough rocks wood cves etc in there once they find 1 they like they will pick up where they left off
 
yeah no worries . altho just cos i like it dont mean the fish will its really trial and error but they are secretive apawners so any cave like structure they feel secure in. rock is the best material i have found is rock. i will upload a pic of my kribs nest for you to get some ideas
 
no worries. just taken the pics will just put them onto pc then upload them for you
 
ok here they are mate. i was lucky i managed to find a rock with a hollow in the underside which almost made like a cave door type thing. they dug the gravel out underneath it .

nest.gif

nest2.gif

nest3.gif
 

Most reactions

Back
Top