Tank Is Back Up

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

joshrm115

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
After the bleach incident I finally got my tank back to running condition. My Ammo is at zero the chlorine is at zero and the nitrite is at zero. I put in 2 small gold fish in to see if the any bleach was left my fingers are crossed .......

-_- oh! what happend with bleach? and how did u test for chlorine?
its normal to get 0 readings if there are no fish in the tank, but you say you have put 2 goldfish in to "see" ? so if there is bleach, what will happen to the goldfish? :/

History, he had illness and sterilized his tank with a gallon of bleach. The problem would be getting it thoroughly enough rinsed out.

By the time it was refilled, the small amount of bleach left would have been diluted enough that it shouldn't cause any harm. To be safe, I always use a double dose of water conditioner.

Well day 2 and the gold fish are still alive......... To answer your question if there was still bleach then the gold fish would of died I'm sry if that offends any one but they where just left over feeders and besides rather them then my Oscars right??

Well day 2 and the gold fish are still alive......... To answer your question if there was still bleach then the gold fish would of died I'm sry if that offends any one but they where just left over feeders and besides rather them then my Oscars right??
Even if they were feeders, I'm not sure using them as checking if there is bleach left is humane, thats almost like being asked to drink some sulfuric acid, just to check that it is actually sulfuric acid..

D.

I have to ask, what about filtration? You're going to need a cycled filter otherwise you're going to be setting yourself up for more probs pretty quick.
There's plenty posts here about cycling and they say it much better than I could.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back