Irf
Fish Crazy
Hi all,
I have had an african cichlid tank now for about two years, with two plecs in it as well. I started out with lots and lots of rocks and cobbles and a small amount of bogwood on a bed of sand, but quickly thinned out the ornaments because I couldn't clean the tank properly. I found that with so many decorations/obstacles the fish waste and nibbled bodwood was not getting taken up into the filter intakes. The only way I could get rid of the waste was to gravel-vac it out.
Many of the "perfect tank" pics Ive seen have lots and lots of rocks in them, so I'm wondering what I am doing wrong. Can someone please advise? I currently only have two large rocks and a piece of wood in there, and it's looking quite bare. Even with large expanses of sand the waste just lies on the bottom of the tank.
The two filters I have are Eheim 2224.
Thanks for any advise you can offer.
Irf.
I have had an african cichlid tank now for about two years, with two plecs in it as well. I started out with lots and lots of rocks and cobbles and a small amount of bogwood on a bed of sand, but quickly thinned out the ornaments because I couldn't clean the tank properly. I found that with so many decorations/obstacles the fish waste and nibbled bodwood was not getting taken up into the filter intakes. The only way I could get rid of the waste was to gravel-vac it out.
Many of the "perfect tank" pics Ive seen have lots and lots of rocks in them, so I'm wondering what I am doing wrong. Can someone please advise? I currently only have two large rocks and a piece of wood in there, and it's looking quite bare. Even with large expanses of sand the waste just lies on the bottom of the tank.
The two filters I have are Eheim 2224.
Thanks for any advise you can offer.
Irf.








