Tank change help!!!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Oh! Well this changes a lot! I'm assuming the 36 is cycled. The substrate change is relatively straight forward. Empty about 40% water, net fish and put them in an already set up tank (put the filter you are using for the 36 on the 10). Take out decor and plants and empty the water and substrate. Give the tank a nice wipe with paper towels (don't use windex or anything), and prepare your new substrate. For a 36 I'd recommend 2 bags of Quikrete play sand. Its a bit overkill but will let you have what you need, and ensure you have enough after washing. The next part is super important, you need to clean the sand. A lot of times the sand is really dusty. When you go to get the sand (or if you already have one) get a nice big bucket (rinse it out first) and pour the sand in. Then swirl it around and run the water through it till the water is pretty clear. Put the substrate and decor/plants in and then fill and add fish. You are set.
1-It's not going to hurt them if I put them in the 10 gallon until the sand settles I've heard it can take up to 7 days to fully settle
2-do I still have to size down on fish
3- any tips on plant and decorations to help the Cory's?

None of those are exactly what we are looking for, however I found the values of the big cities in New Mexico myself. You don't have to disclose your city, but do you see it there?
It's not there I sent it in private chat

1-It's not going to hurt them if I put them in the 10 gallon until the sand settles I've heard it can take up to 7 days to fully settle
2-do I still have to size down on fish
3- any tips on plant and decorations to help the Cory's?
You might not have to downsize, you may have to change up. You have a mix of soft and hard water fish which can be an issue. In the end you might end up with more fish. If you clean the sand properly it settles in 8 hours. It may be sort of cloudy, but the fish will be fine. Changed the substrate on my 29 from gravel to sand, was perfectly clear after 12 hours.

You might not have to downsize, you may have to change up. You have a mix of soft and hard water fish which can be an issue. In the end you might end up with more fish. If you clean the sand properly it settles in 8 hours. It may be sort of cloudy, but the fish will be fine. Changed the substrate on my 29 from gravel to sand, was perfectly clear after 12 hours.
Oh wow that's amazing! What are the fish that would need to go

Ok so after some digging looks like you may have super soft water at around 70 ppm. However I couldn't find your exact location so this really is a guesstimate.
Oh wow that's amazing! What are the fish that would need to go
Once you get the water test (make sure to ask for general hardness) I will be able to answer that question. If you really do have 70 ppm GH, then definitely the livebearers (guppies and platies) and maybe your rubbernose pleco (I don't know anything about those). Most of those corydoras would be fine but @NCaquatics will be able to tell for sure.

Good news is that whichever corydora can live in your water, you could probably get like 8 more. What are the tank dimensions by the way?

Good news is that whichever corydora can live in your water, you could probably get like 8 more. What are the tank dimensions by the way?
Bow front
Aquarium: 30.7 in L x 15.7 in W x 22.2 in H (77.9 x 39.8 x 56.3 cm)
Stand: 30.7 in L x 15.7 in W x 26.6 in H (77.9 x 39.8 x 67.5 cm)

Bow front
Aquarium: 30.7 in L x 15.7 in W x 22.2 in H (77.9 x 39.8 x 56.3 cm)
Stand: 30.7 in L x 15.7 in W x 26.6 in H (77.9 x 39.8 x 67.5 cm)
Oh yea for sure. You could probably keep a shoal of 15 if you wanted to(More or less depending on how the pleco situation turns out).

Can I keep my albino bristlenoses I have 3 ?
They should be alright but you will want a bigger tank to keep all 3, due to their bioload and males get territorial with others.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back