Tanganyikan Project

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Looks lovely and fresh! It`s all coming along nicely now :good: :good:

The more I read about the adventures that yourself, EliseW and doresy are having (with a few other forum members joining the bandwagon), I really wish I had thought more about my tank stockings... I have a feeling that the only Tang I am going to have for the near future at least is my Lophiobagrus brevipinis catfish!

Have you decided on which Tropheus you are getting yet, kiriyama? (not sure if I'm pulling "duboisi" out of thin air)

Quick shuffle around, there is 3 Ancistrus hiding in here, they are loving it :lol:

Photo0881.jpg

Photo0880.jpg

Photo0879.jpg

Photo0878.jpg

Photo0877.jpg

Tropheus Duboisi Kigoma Tank ?

Nice!! :good: :good:

You`re absolutely itching to get fish in there aren`t you :nod: :lol: :lol:

Dear diary,
this morning at 8.15 I drained the 48ltr fishbox, I then drained about 75% of the 95ltr (holding fry), I also drained about 40/50% from the 190ltr, I then drained nearly all the water from the 240ltr using it to fill all the tanks back up. Took some sand from the 95 and added to the 48, I had a big bucket of sand I blagged from LFS , washed and rinsed, added to 240, then added two bags of the cichlid sand I collected yesterday. Put a small portion of this into the 48 also. Added rocks back to 240, not remembering how they looked previously. Filled with a small portion from each tank plus what I had saved in buckets and basins and of course the tap. Just running the 2 sponge filters just now, will switch main filter on later today when the "clouding" goes down, dear diary I finished at 11.45 am and sat down to a well deserved cup of tea and some toast with the obligatory slice of cake.
I am glad this is nearly completed :good:

Sounds good :good:
Looking forward to a pic.
Lloyd

I'll try post something up later, it looks naff, the rockwork is nothing like what I previously had it like, the sand isn't "scaped", I didn't think the 2 bags of cichlid sand would be enough, there was a huge bag of sand at LFS that someone had just split as they only wanted half of it, I blagged the remainder for a couple of quid and even got the orange bucket :lol: As a result the sand is way deeper than what I esimated and wanted :lol:
DOH!!!! :blush:

Yeah I looked at those a while back, decent size they get to, the Tropheus are just in here temp till I can set up 60"x18"x18", then I'll probably go for Gold head Comps, Leleupi, Five Bar cihlids, all the headbangers :lol:
Here's a few snaps, water clouded up a bit after sifting up the sand, there's way more sand in here than what I intended, I think this tank would also look good with punks , paracyps and kungweensis :good:

Photo0888.jpg

Photo0891.jpg

Photo0890.jpg

Photo0889.jpg

Photo0895.jpg

Photo0894.jpg

Photo0893.jpg

Photo0892.jpg

Crikey you`ve been busy then??!!! And what a bargain on the sand :good: :good:
Punks , paracyps and kungweensis huh?.........good choices B-) I really can`t wait to see everything all done and sorted :D

You feeling any better now? :unsure:

Hi looking good :good:
When you getting the fish?
going to keep following this :good:

elisew, what is the fish in <<< your pic <<< ?

Lloyd

"woke up this morning" ...

Sumbu fry tank
Photo0905.jpg

Photo0903.jpg

Photo0897.jpg

Water looking clear now ?
Photo0901.jpg

Photo0902.jpg

Photo0906.jpg

Photo0907.jpg

All going well I should have a total of 43 fish arriving by this evening, fingers crossed :hyper:

43?
blink.gif

43?
laugh.gif

Blimey, makes my purchase of 12, 1" Sterba Corys last weeknd look positively sane!
hehe.gif

Good luck with the new inhabitants.
good.gif

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back