Taiwan Moss is best of them all.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Stan510

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Mark Davis of "MD fishtanks" on Youtube put me on to this moss. It is rampant when other mosses are losing ground. Its also dense.You prune to keep it at bay not to make any more thicker. Its all over my 240 and even as I lapsed on adding iron? It didn't care. No need for iron for this moss in a aged aquarium. It's a darker green than Java Moss and outcompetes it easily.
I know mosses and what kind are questions newbys ask which is best?...My answer is Taiwan moss hands down. Ask MD If you don't believe me.

Latin name Taxiphyllum alternans.
I sort of have some. I bought some last year, tied it to wood, and it all turned brown and died. A month or so ago, I spotted a tiny patch of green where the moss was tied, and that tiny patch has been getting bigger. I hope it's the Taiwan moss but it could be a tiny bit of Java moss that I managed to somehow transfer from the shrimp tank, bits of that get everywhere when I take the wood it's on out of the tank to prune it. It should be easier to tell which it is when it grows some more.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back