T. Palambang

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Mr._Fishy

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I recently posted a thread asking about a T. Suvattii in a 20g Long. I was told this would be fine. My tank is cycled with some mature media from one of my established tank and has no inhabitants. I am keeping the nitrifying bacteria alive with ammonia. I went to the nearest real nice lfs (over an hour away) and they were out of suvattiis. The closest thing they had was a T. Palambang for $65 for a 3"-4" specimen. Would it be possible to have one of these in a 20 long and if so, is this a good price? My filtration is an Eheim 2213, so I think my filtration is up to the job. If I can have it and this is not a very good price, does anyone know of a good mail order site that I could buy these for a better price?

Ryan

I recently posted a thread asking about a T. Suvattii in a 20g Long. I was told this would be fine. My tank is cycled with some mature media from one of my established tank and has no inhabitants. I am keeping the nitrifying bacteria alive with ammonia. I went to the nearest real nice lfs (over an hour away) and they were out of suvattiis. The closest thing they had was a T. Palambang for $65 for a 3"-4" specimen. Would it be possible to have one of these in a 20 long and if so, is this a good price? My filtration is an Eheim 2213, so I think my filtration is up to the job. If I can have it and this is not a very good price, does anyone know of a good mail order site that I could buy these for a better price?

Ryan

recommended size for Palambeng is 40 Galls but id say you could always try it in a 20gall long and see how you go but id personally probably look at a 30gall as a mid point for a decent tank.

Is the need for a larger tank due to room for the puffer or waste dilution? If it is the latter, I have a spare 10g laying around that I could turn into a sump.

What about the price? Is it a good price?

Ryan

Most reactions

Back