Sympathy Needed

nath1

Fish Crazy
Joined
Feb 19, 2006
Messages
357
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
waterlooville, england
I am having a crisis in my tank at the moment!!
Had a huge outbreak of white spot, i started treating this but some of my fish started 'rotting', a sort of grey film covering their body's and eyes with a lot of redness around their eyes aswell!
Took a water sample to my lfs and this came back as o.k. with the nitrates a little high. Their advice was to carry on with the white spot treatment doing 10% water changes inbetween treatments. I upped the temp and carried out there advice.
Unfortunately since then i have lost my THREE LARGE silver shark's :no: , my two pictus cats, 4 clown's and 1 angel :sick: .Ironically the silver dollars which i think bought in the desease are doing just fine.
I have read up and taken advice, all i am looking for here is bucket loads of sympathy as i'm slightly hacked off and very upset.
nath1
 
oh i bet!! i lost my balas to white spot too, so i know how you feel, just learn from it,not much more you can do now :(

shelagh xxx
 
oh mate i feel very sorry for u i had white spot in my small tank when i 1st started i was told to turn the temp up so i did that but where i lived at the time was a warm house and turning the temp up caused a mass over heat and i so how managed to cook all my i'll fish i was gutted cos 2 days b4 i had gone out a bought a bristel nose plec for the tank (r.i.p tiny 1st) lol i have since learned that the temo thing dont alway work lol but i do sypathize with u loads for ur loss hope u have more luck
Pinkyfish x
 
Aw, white spot is horrible. i lost 9 fish to it in one day, i was sooo gutted and was in tears most of the day at work becuase I thought I was gonna lose the whole tank. Luckily I didn't lose any more after that, I am so thankful the others survived. Fish diseases are so cruel :( I hope the other fish are OK
 
Hi, sorry for your losses.

I too had an awful outbreak of whitespot, and lost all but one of my fish. Lost about 15.

Really know how it feels, hope it improves soon.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top