Swordtail fry will move outdoors

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

emeraldking

Staff member
Global Moderator āš’ļø
Reaction score
Well, this weekend a number of my swordtail fry will move to my backyard. And IĀ“m planning to put them in an inflatable swimming pool for children. This is done pretty often during some shows. So, IĀ“m using one as well. All the rest are swimming in outdoor tubs.
IMG_3256[1].JPG

IMG_0239.JPG

IMG_0231.JPG

IMG_0226.JPG

IMG_0214.JPG

IĀ“ll let them grow up in my backyard. TheyĀ“ll grow up much faster overthere.

Last edited:
I recommend putting a big sponge filter in the kittie pool
Well, this weekend a number of my swordtail fry will move to my backyard. And IĀ“m planning to put them in an inflatable swimming pool for children. This done pretty often during some shows. So, IĀ“m using one as well. All the rest are swimming in outdoor tubs.
View attachment 107616
View attachment 107617
View attachment 107618
View attachment 107619
View attachment 107620
IĀ“ll let them grow up in my backyard. TheyĀ“ll grow up much faster overthere.

Cute fry! :wub: I see you have some black fry in there too, they look similar to my little black things:oops:
I don't know what they are, but alright.

Lots of little fry there, cute, do you have issues with birds? I have to watch my turtles when I put them outdoors in a kids pool. We have bald eagles, several types of hawks and cranes here along with duck and Canadian geese and a large owl that sits in a tree less than 100 yards away.

I recommend putting a big sponge filter in the kittie pool
Oh, no... no, filter will be put in there. IĀ“ll be doing the same thing what iĀ“m used to, just like my outdoor tubs with fish in it. ItĀ“s gonna be a natural filtration with pond plants in there.
IMG_7541.JPG

Such biotopes are self sufficient...

Lots of little fry there, cute, do you have issues with birds? I have to watch my turtles when I put them outdoors in a kids pool. We have bald eagles, several types of hawks and cranes here along with duck and Canadian geese and a large owl that sits in a tree less than 100 yards away.
Well, I donĀ“t have to worry about such predators as youĀ“ve mentioned. WeĀ“ve got them but such birds are mainly present in the countryside.

That is good, I had a pair of ducks waddle through my yard looking for a nest this week. I would love to move my guppies outside with the turtles and have a set up like yours but I fear they would be some birds lunch. :fish:

Well, it's official... I've got my swordtail kiddy pool... :) This week more floating plants will be put in there...
IMG_0312.JPG

IMG_0348.JPG

IMG_0345a.jpg

IMG_0334.JPG

IMG_0322.JPG

IMG_0315.JPG
IMG_0317.JPG

This is the perfect grow out tank... :)

Looks good!

Oh I have never thought of this... I think I am going to try this!! My husband is going to kill me and ban me from this site the way Iā€™m going :rofl:

Everyone I know used shallow pools for fish during summer. I had a 10 ft diameter pool with daphnia and several others for fish. Baby fish grew really quickly in the large water volume.

Oh I have never thought of this... I think I am going to try this!! My husband is going to kill me and ban me from this site the way Iā€™m going :rofl:
ItĀ“s so fun to do... I can watch this for hours...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back