Swaping Fish

bloatedguppy

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Feb 24, 2008
Messages
174
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Well I have 5 giant danios which are unforchantly getting to big for my 30 gal. I'm trying to decide still If I'm going to swap them for other fish or get a bigger tank? I like danios but these guys are getting a bit big, I was recently looking at my local lf's and some Rosy barbs got my attention but I thought I'd ask your oppions. My tank is 30 gal. all condions are great , Its just a tropical community and my fish are 2 otto's, 3 pearl gouramis, 5 dwarf aussie rainbow fish, 4 loachs that are going to be moved to a bigger tank soon, 1 swordtail, and 3 tetras I'm going to take back soon, and my 5 G.Danios. Now I'm looking for somthing that dosn't nip fins because my pearl gouramis are my crown jewels of my tank. I also don't want tetras cause they don't seem to do good in my tank, but becides that I've been looking at rosy barbs, zebra danios, and some guppies, but anyone else have any other oppions? I'm looking for somthing with color, activity, and somthing I can get a grroup of 5 of, also somthing that isn't small but dosnt get over 2 inchs. So let me know your oppions and ideas!
 
Dont get barbs as they are known fin nippers.
That's a bit of a generalization.

I would suggest upping the otto population, for one. They like to be in large groups, like tetras. I would also get some bottom dwellers, such as cories, as you are moving the "loaches" out of there. I think once you add those fish, you will be stocked nicely. :)
 
Dont get barbs as they are known fin nippers.
That's a bit of a generalization.

I would suggest upping the otto population, for one. They like to be in large groups, like tetras. I would also get some bottom dwellers, such as cories, as you are moving the "loaches" out of there. I think once you add those fish, you will be stocked nicely. :)

I've added 3 more ottos but they all disappeared one day + the 2 I have are extremly healthy at the moment and like being in a pair. I know about bottom dwellers but I'm looking for some other schooling fish.
 
As siad Rosy Barbs are fin nippers, but also their adult size is around 6 inches which is slightly bigger than that of a Giant danio.
 
As siad Rosy Barbs are fin nippers, but also their adult size is around 6 inches which is slightly bigger than that of a Giant danio.

Ok, I'm still having a hard time deciding. How many Zebra danios can I put in with, my 2 otto's, 3 pearl gouramis, 3 loachs, 5 aussie rainbow fish,and 1 swordtail?, A total of 14 fish in my 30 gal.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top