Supermarket Selling Instant Fish......

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Keep up posted! Can you get a picture of the little guy?

This girl..... It's gonna be extremely difficult to get any decent photo of them at this stage (with my equipment)..... since I'm still trying to protect them from the live Brine shrimp I put in there for them to eat..... Looking at them through magnification..... it looks very much like the Bs may turn on the fish..... :lol:

They are extremely tiny, but looks like there might be around 5 of them......

grow your own killifish... i wonder how many ignorant parents will buy this and think that it really is magic and wont need waterchanging or looking after at all... i hate it when companies do this.

Are "sea monkeys" brine shrimp/triops? If so, then I would presume that they survive the same way. I had a "Sea monkeys" kit when I was a little kid. I remember litterally pouring a packet of eggs into a "tank"... :unsure:

I have moved them to a "Bowl" about 5 times the one supplied (where they claim you should keep them for 3 months)...... Some of the earliest hatchers are now beginning to look like a threat to their younger brotheren and sisteren... :lol:

I'll have to watch them and sort for size..... at least the brine shrimp are no longer a danger to them..... they are challenged and eaten...... :good:

My wife claims she sees 7 of them..... I will stick to my original 5 and aim to rear 5..... (if not eaten by the bigger ones).

Hi Ludwig,
What species are you dealing with specifically.....
What do you mean when you say at least the brine shrimp are no longer a danger to them
Regards
C

Hi Ludwig,
What species are you dealing with specifically.....
What do you mean when you say at least the brine shrimp are no longer a danger to them
Regards
C

Heh! Heh!.... tongue in cheek, I mentioned few posts back that these hatchlings are so small I'm afraid they'll be attacked by the brine shrimp I'm feeding them.... (Joking - of course)..... and no.... they did not mention on the box specifically what species are in the box..... I'll have to ID when the time comes....

Right!!.... here is an attempt to show some of the fry...... Look closely.... you might see one in each photo:

100_3167.jpg

100_3153.jpg

100_3150.jpg

100_3148.jpg

100_3143.jpg

100_3141.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back