Super Tank

shortymet55

Fishaholic
Joined
Sep 23, 2007
Messages
468
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Maryland
I was reading the what would you do if you won the lottery thread and it made me think. I am not old enough to play, nor would I if I could, but if I did have a decent amount of dough, what would I get. My favorite fish by far is m three angel, and in second are my shrimp. Would this idea work?

15 Angels (5 of three different color Strains)
Bunch of Shrimp (larger ones as to not be eaten)
Three albino Bristlenose plecs
10 fish shoal of like cherry barbs or medium size tetra

I would like to make this happen, but dont know if it would ever work.

Few questions (Please number answers to each, thanks)
- How big of a tank would be needed?
- Would that stocking work?
- Is 15 Angels a good idea? Id like them to breed in tank and sell any fry I catch.

Thanks
 
That tank is awesome. Id need some Koi's though, cuz there my favorite (And what I have now)
 
If I were to build a super tank, I'd have a tank 8' long x 3' wide x 2' tall (576 US gallons if I did the math right) heavily planted and would keep a school of every type of pure rainbows available in the US. Of course I would also have some cories for cleanup crew.

A tank that size would cost alot and take alot to keep up but man! That would be awesome.
 
That would be awesome. Do you all think I could manage to fit my dream tank into like 180long (72x24x24)? I read 10 gallons per angel. So then there is 30 gallons left for shrimp, one 10 fish shoal, and plants. I think 150 might be a bit tight. But a 180, with this stocking I think would look sick.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top