SunSun 5000 Canister

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

boston71

Reaction score
Has this been removed by Sunsun, does anyone know, I was thinking of buying one? I have read some good and bad reviews.Thanks

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I haven't heard anything about the HW-5000 being removed...It's Sunsun's 'answer' to the FX6 at less than half the cost ($180 vs $400).
I don't have first hand knowledge of the HW-5000. I've had an HW-304 B for about a month and I'm quite liking it and really appreciate the cost savings.
Edit: I bought a Polar Aurora (unbranded SunSun) 525gph, HW-304 B for $75~.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks, I have the 404b now, never had a y big issues with it, but the handles pin on one side came out, so I can't pick it up with the handle, it is heavy with water...

Thanks, I have the 404b now, never had a y big issues with it, but the handles pin on one side came out, so I can't pick it up with the handle, it is heavy with water...

Tip: I remove the top of the filter and use a hand held, battery operated siphon pump to pump the water into a 5g bucket. This makes it really easy to take the canister with filter trays to the sink for cleaning.

Tip: I remove the top of the filter and use a hand held, battery operated siphon pump to pump the water into a 5g bucket. This makes it really easy to take the canister with filter trays to the sink for cleaning.
Great idea, it would of been nice if it had a indentation on the bottom to grab it to lift it. Thanks

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back