Sujestions For Stocking My New 4ft Tank, Thanks

t4ppo

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Mar 15, 2009
Messages
197
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Warrington
Hi just asking for your ideas on stocking my new 4ft tank any ideas on plants decs, ornaments whatever you think would look nice, weather its move the filters or the heater just after your opinions, Also there will be 5 zebra danios, 4 head and tail light tetra, 4 peppered corys and 5 neons going in, Thanks for your ideas jamie

10012008036.jpg
 
Hi just asking for your ideas on stocking my new 4ft tank any ideas on plants decs, ornaments whatever you think would look nice, weather its move the filters or the heater just after your opinions, Also there will be 5 zebra danios, 4 head and tail light tetra, 4 peppered corys and 5 neons going in, Thanks for your ideas jamie

10012008036.jpg

:-(
 
I'd always go for natural decoration rather than ornaments, so I'd replace both ornaments with more wood. Dot some Vallis along the back and randomly through the tank - it can look very effective.
 
I would change the substrate. I don't mind the colored stuff, but I don't really like the look of it when there are multiple colors like that (don't mind natural colors that are mixed, just the blues, red, etc).
I'd either change it to a more natural color substrate or use just a single color one.
 
i think it looks great um your not suposed to fully submerge the fluval fp range of filters, that way airation will work lol i would add some opaline gouramis or 3 clown loaches
 
i think it looks great um your not suposed to fully submerge the fluval fp range of filters, that way airation will work lol i would add some opaline gouramis or 3 clown loaches


why not?? mine is.... runns ok atmm - have an airpump though will that make a diff??






nice looking tank btw.... :)

you'll probably last amonth n then change it.... i did - several times lol
 
what type of fish do you like?
doe's look good, i would change for normal gravel,slate,rock's,plant's<i use plastic>and bogwood,


I would like a few quite big fish in the tank,
Overall i want it to be a very colourful tank, I am getting some slate for it, And i also have aquite a lot of plants in my 2ft tank which i am going to move in the new tank soon, i have got quite a lot of Anacharis growing so going to trim it and plants some in the gravel, what are your opinions on hair grass? also i have taken the nemo out...

I am after some more bogwood too if anyone has any for sale?

thanks jamie
 
Agreed with the natural look, but it is your tank, so you do what makes you happy.

Anyways, if you want color, I would go with Cichlids, as they vary in color a great deal.

Besides you tank size looks very nice for a Cichlids tank, other than if you want to get Cichlids you would have to add more hiding places like caves and what not.

Cichlids like tank that are more long than tall. They do not utilize much more that a foot or so above the substrate, that is why I said you tank looks like a nice size for Cichlids.

But with your current tank mates, Cichlids would probably not be the best for them, but it was just a thought to consider.

-FHM
 

Most reactions

Back
Top