Suitable Tankmates For Tiger Barbs

deucebrennan

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
96
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
London
I have a 70L tank which I want to start using to keep Tiger Barbs in. I dont want them in my bigger tank cos I think they will fight with the Angles. Anyway, what would make some good companions for them? I would quite like some Rams. I dont want to ask in the LFS as the guy there is a bit of a nightmare to talk to.
 
I have a 70L tank which I want to start using to keep Tiger Barbs in. I dont want them in my bigger tank cos I think they will fight with the Angles. Anyway, what would make some good companions for them? I would quite like some Rams. I dont want to ask in the LFS as the guy there is a bit of a nightmare to talk to.

Rams would be fine in my opinion.
The only trouble is you really want a group of at least 6 tiger barbs and that won't leave you a lot of space for much else in a 70L tank; not in the top half of the water column at least.
So, if you do go for a group of 6 barbs, maybe you should think of bottom dwellers a possible tank mates - either a bristlenose plec or maybe a small group of corydoras (maybe peppered?)
 
Tiger barbs will get along with other barbs and tetras, also most gouramis like gold, blue and pearl gouramis. Catfish will be fine with them and so will most other fishes. However keep them away from any slow moving fish or fish with long flowing fins.
Tiger barbs aren't aggressive fish but they do get bored easily so must be kept in groups to stop them getting bored and chasing other fish.
 
Suitable tank mates would include something like these:

Other Barbs
Gouramis
Mollies
Swordtails
S.A Dwarf Cilchlids
Catfish (incl Plecos)
Loaches
Rainbowfish
 

Most reactions

Back
Top