Suggestions On Water Flow In Tall Aquarium

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

D34DLY

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi,.

So let me begin by apologising if this is in the wrong section. I wasn't too sure, but presumed this to be quite a basic question (shame I've ran out of ideas!) so placed it here.

Anyway, I have a custom made aquarium, at 60cm tall, 54cm deep and 76cm long, this one is quite unique.

Besides that,  it has came with its own problems. 

directionofwaterflow.png

As you can see, I have Anacharis planted right below the return. They're not densely planted, with atleast 2-5cm gap inbetween leaves.

I did start off with having a spraybar mixing up the surface (my tank requires surface movement or else a thick oil/film forms) however noticed that debris was flowing AWAY from the intake. So I took this off so I have just the adaptor hose thing.

This points at the glass straight ahead, and is fully submersed. However its power forces ripples on the water surface above.

My problem now is that there seems some "slower-than-ideal-spots". I wouldn't say that its a dead spot, because the odd bit of algae on the sand still sways (got to wait for next water change to do rest of it.)

Do you guys have any suggestions on how to maximise the water flow? I could point the return right at the intake, but this may slow down movement at the front of the tank.

My filter is the Tetratec EX1200.

Thanks

Just my 2 cents here, if you t peiced a spray bar in the centre of the tank and had the intake under the t peice your flow should technically be pushed to the intake.
I have the same problem with the spray bar pushing the dirt to the wrong end.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back