suggestions for stocking

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

nino

Fish Addict
Reaction score
so my dad surprised me with a new tank this morning to put into my dorm room. i've been searching for ages for something and reasonably priced. anyways, it is about 5.5 gallons, so i know that it is too small for it to be a really great tank with lots of beautiful fishes, but i'd really appreciate some stockings sugggestions. so far all i know is that i want to get two ADF's (no betta though). anything else that would work well and look great?

ALSO,
i bought a new filter today (tetra micro internal filter-on sale!) and i'm running it on one of our setup tanks currently. will this help the cycling process when i set it up in my dorm room this week? would squeezing the other filter media into my new filter be good? otherwise i'm going to have to do a cycle with fish and i'm trying to avoid that (i dont have access to ammonia here) :no:

Thanks in advance!

Not sure what fish you could put in there... You could also put in ghost shrimp. They are a nice addition, and my ADF never bothered them.

Using old filter media should definitely help. The bacteria will be able to multiply much faster. :nod:

Try a group of smaller tetras and 3 small cories.

As for ghost shrimps, they are nice but they are excellent tank escapers. Is your tank top sealed? If you have holes, they will find them! (I lost all 5 of them!)

Most reactions

Back