Suggestions For New Tankmates?

Ripley

Fishaholic
Joined
Aug 6, 2006
Messages
520
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Alberta, Canada
Hey all,

I have a 55g tank with 3 spotted climbing perches (1 is approx. 3.5 inches, the other 2 are approx. 2 inches), 1 clown pleco, and 1 bumblebee catfish. Yeah... Not exactly the busiest of tanks! I love my perches, so they're staying for sure, and everything else has to work around them. :)

Boyfriend is suggesting upside-down catfish... I'm sick of catfish and would love to know if I have other options! (I'd love to stick with the colour theme (brown and mostly spotty) but that's not a must. Just something that works with the perches. And of course, nothing that will fit into their mouths!

Thanks all!
 
how big does a climbing perch get and what are their characteristics?you have a decent size tank with more options than just upside down catfish.i'm not critisizing them because i have 2.
 
In that size tank gouramiss could be a good idea but I'm not knocking upside-down-catfish.


I LOVE THE THINGS!!!!
 
Thanks for the suggestion. The perches are actually a type of gourami (classified under them in all cases that I've saw). I'll think about them though, because I am a fan of gourami's. Perhaps a trio of pearls.

Oh no!! Not you too!! My boyfriend is a total catfish freak, and loves the things. I, personally, don't quite see the attraction, but I am seriously considering them since they they would fit the colour scheme quite nicely.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top