Suggestions For a 30 Gal?

Short answer is no, there is no real simple way of hardening the water long term.

Short term hardening the water is simple enough by adding baking soda for example but this is only for very short term for fishless cycling a tank for example if the ph is too low.

But long term will require complex chemistry and knowledge of water hardness.

Not for novices intro he hobby imho, in fact won’t recommend this for most keeper to be entirely honest.

Much easier to find fish species to suit your water than it is to alter water to suit your fish species.
yeah that sucks what should i do with the Guppys?

Yea corydoras would work. What species of cichlid did you look at? Some need different water than others. The easier ones are rams, apistogramma and kribensis.
Dwarf Cichlids were the ones that I was looking at but i'll look at those three

yeah that sucks what should i do with the Guppys?
Let them live out their lives. There really isn't much you can do, as raising your hardness is super risky like Charlie said. Now you know, and they'll be better off in your tank than a fish stores :).
Dwarf Cichlids were the ones that I was looking at but i'll look at those three
All those are dwarf cichlids. Dwarf cichlids just refers to smaller cichlids, and those are some of the actual kinds.

I vote Celestial Pearl Danios, Harlequin Rasbora, or Neon Tetras. Any of those would love that size tank.

Short term hardening the water is simple enough by adding baking soda for example
Hardness usually refers to GH or general hardness which is the measure of calcium and magnesium in the water.

Baking soda is sodium hydrogen carbonate. It will increase KH (carbonate hardness) which is important for fishless cycling in very soft water as @Ch4rlie said. But it contains no calcium or magnesium so will not increase GH.

I won’t recommend cichlids with other fishes, cichlids are very aggressive.

If you want you can have 3 Kribs cichlid in 27 gal.

I won’t recommend cichlids with other fishes, cichlids are very aggressive.

If you want you can have 3 Kribs cichlid in 27 gal.
would that be something that only like the males are aggressive or is it both males and females? Also do you have any other recommendations to go with corys and celestials?

I think I have Finalized my decision It will be Celestial Pearl Danio Kribensis Cichlid and corydoras
Crud I dont think that Kribensis cichlids would work :confused: Would A kuhli loach be a good match with the Corys and Danios?

Most reactions

Back