Suggested filters?

One of my aquaclears broke where the impeller motor screwed on, I went to get a replacement and the topfin pro 30 filters were less expensive so I got one of those. I really like it. It's similar to the aquaclear in that you can hot rod it because it doesn't take a cartridge but it has an intake sponge and it's roomier where the media goes. My 20 gallon long is almost not high enough but it fit.

I don't know if you can get replacement parts but at the price point you can get a new filter.

@AbbeysDad , could you elaborate on the highlighted above...please and thank you

Plugged in to an electrical wall socket during maintenance?
The adjuster is a plastic piece that inserts into the lower rear of the filter and is rotated to adjust the level of the rear or the filter. Without it, the filter will angle towards the rear an if/when full/over full, water may spill out the rear instead of the front into the tank. Mine have always fit tight, but if loose and it falls out, it needs to be secured. Since one it's rotated to the proper position for a given tank, further adjustments are not necessary, so I suggested gluing it in place.

As far as plugged in during service, the media basket is easily removed while the filter is still running - no need to unplug...Simply take the top off, pull out the basket into a dish, then to the sink to clean the sponges and or whatever media is being used. The only exception is when the filter is completely removed (4-8 weeks) to clean the impeller cavity.

Most reactions

trending

Back