Sudden bacteria bloom

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Fishguy877

Reaction score
Been a hobbiest for years and suddenly my fish tank has developed a sudden bacteria bloom. Most likely due to doing a 50% water change. (Had these fish in the same tank for years) any advise on clearing the fogginess? Or should it clear of it own accord?

Bacterial blooms clear once the bacteria have consumed all their food. But it is impossible to say how long that will take as every tank is different.

Like @essjay said it is impossible to tell how long, I had one that took 4 days and another that was pretty much gone the next day. Some people have complained that they had cloudy water for over a week or two.

Like @essjay said it is impossible to tell how long, I had one that took 4 days and another that was pretty much gone the next day. Some people have complained that they had cloudy water for over a week or two.

FANTATSIC! Cheers guys put my mind to ease as I have an expensive show grade discus in the tank along with other tank mates. Would be killer if something happened to them! Again thank you :)

How often and how large are your maintenance water changes normally?

I normally do a 30% water change, twice a week. I have 8 Large and a show discus with a couple of Ember tetras in a 200 Gallon Tank

Last edited:
Sound cool, I have a tetra tank with ember. neon, red eyed and glow light tetra. So far my red eyed had 13 fry, started with 2 females and 3 males. Now my glow light - 4 females and 6 males have had 3 fry. My neon and ember have had none but I just spoted a mystery fry the other day. Just have to get the water conditions right and hopefully they will have a few too.

Sound cool, I have a tetra tank with ember. neon, red eyed and glow light tetra. So far my red eyed had 13 fry, started with 2 females and 3 males. Now my glow light - 4 females and 6 males have had 3 fry. My neon and ember have had none but I just spoted a mystery fry the other day. Just have to get the water conditions right and hopefully they will have a few too.

Awesome dude! Currently thinking of whether I try and breed my Show grade discus.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back