Stuggling To Figure Out How Many Fish I Should Have

paulypaul182

Fish Crazy
Joined
Sep 3, 2008
Messages
232
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Birmingham, Uk
Hi all. Im gradually stocking my tank and have a list of fish id like to keep. My tank is 30 inches wide, 12 inches long and, from top of substrate to water level, 14 inches high. Tank is fully cycled using a mature filter and fish in.

Currently, I have 3 Zebra Danios, 3 Black Phantom Tetras, 2 Black Widow Tetaras and 2 Three Lined Cories. I would like to add some shrimp, dwarf gouramis, Bolivian Ram and a plec or some otto. I also think i need to add 3 more danios and 2 more cories to keep them happy.

What I need to know is how many of the fish listed can I add but keep the tank safely stocked. My prefered final stock would be 3 Dwarf Gouramis, 3 Bolivian Rams, 3 Ottos, 4 Three Lined Cories, 6 Zebra Danios, 3 Black Phantom Tetras, 2 Black Widow Tetras, 5 Shrimp. Im think this will over stock the tank. If so, im thinking the Tetras should be re-homed as I really want the gouramis and rams.

Can anyone help?
 
Hi Paul! Lose the tetras and the pleco and it would be a good stocking...
 
I thought you mentioned rehoming the Tetras, in favour of the Gouramis. You can have otos...What's the size of the tank in gallons. maybe I've misunderstood something. I was thinking it was about 30 gallons.
 
I thought you mentioned rehoming the Tetras, in favour of the Gouramis. You can have otos...What's the size of the tank in gallons. maybe I've misunderstood something. I was thinking it was about 30 gallons.

Ive worked it out as 22 US gallons if i calculate the top of the sand to the top of the water. I can fish them out and maybe see if the LFS will have them back from me. If I drop the Rams, then can I keep the tetras?
Also, I need to get 3 more danios and 2 more cories. Can I have different types of these or do I have to stick with the species I have?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top