Stubborn Angels!

Ludwig Venter

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Joined
Jun 7, 2008
Messages
8,209
Reaction score
5
Points
38
Location
South Africa
I've purchased some 10 (small) Angels some time ago with the hope of "natural" pairing off & the prospect of breeding at least one pair.....

Now a good 6 months later, I have 8 Adult Angels in a community tank with absolutely no intentions of fulfilling my ambitions..... They are cheerful, lively, active and all that goes with it, but no indications of pairing off!!

My question is, will I have better luck if I seperate the 8 of them in an Angel Exclusive 3ft tank, or do I just apply patience and wait for nature to take it's course......
 
i've had 6 together for about 5 months and 2 just finally paired up about a week and a half ago.i'd say just be patient.
 
If you're up to fiddling you can try raising the temperature and making the water slightly softer in pH to mimic natural breeding conditions of these fish. Try 27*C. Careful of your other tankmates' requirements though, and remove to do this if needs be.
 
Don't ya hate when that happens? Here's an article that should give you some ideas; http://www.aquarticles.com/articles/breedi...%20seasons.html

You can cheat on their long conditioning scheme a bit. Feed lightly with only flake for a week, then do your regular water change. Start feeding heavier, with live foods such as brine shrimp or blackworms, along with 10% daily water changes. You want the water that you add to be about 5F cooler than the tank, keep the tank at around 82F. Spray or splash that water in, cause some good aeration & current, you can add food as you add water.
 
A very useful link that there Tolak.... (I've got it bookmarked)... Boy!! am I going to confuse my fish now - jump from middle of July right into December and than back to autumn :lol: (even take out all the water for a few minutes to make them think it's a very dry year)...

Thanks to all other suggestions also..... I'll let you know when it happens and why it happened...
 

Most reactions

Back
Top