String hair algae

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

nik_n

Fish Crazy
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Hello. I noticed some hair algae on my plants. There is not a lot but I never had it before so I don't know what could have caused it. Thanks in advance.

Its spores are transferred in water so if you bought something from a shop, it probably came in the water or on some plants.

A lot of shrimp will pick at green algae.

What shrimp could I keep with angels? I know any smaller spices would be eaten immediately.

What shrimp could I keep with angels? I know any smaller spices would be eaten immediately.

Possibly Amanos? I put ghost shrimp in a tank with a pair of angels and it was a massacre :/

I got some amanos from my local fish store and they are TINY. I think most fish would pick these things off in a heartbeat. Right now I have them in a tank with just plants. I'm trying to fatten them up!

I am also very disappointed in the amano shrimp's hair algae eating performance to date. They are not touching the stuff. They just like to walk around picking bits of stuff off the sand... which looks completely clean to me. I mean I can vacuum the sand myself, shrimp!!!

Yeh i guess the tiny ones would get snapped up pretty quickly. Grow them out and then see how they go. It's always going to be a risk putting shrimp with fish but if you give them enough plants/hiding places they might find a way to survive.

I have two nerite snails, haven't seen them in an about 3 days but ik that once they eat a lot they go and sleep for a week or something (at least mine do they hide somewhere and then after a week or so I see them everywhere).

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back