Strange Things Floating In My Tank

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Ferg1985

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I haven't been on here again much since the end of last year.. but today I was looking into some new live plants because my tanks are both in a shoddy, shoddy condition that makes me embarrassed :unsure: I haven't kept them looking at nice as they did in their prime, and my tank upstairs (65 litre barb tank) was a ball of E.Densa that needed pruning (some of it was decaying a bit).

Well, I've just been up to scoop it out, and there was bits of allsorts floating around the tank, it was then I noticed that some of the floaters had eyes!! :hyper: 3 baby Rosy barbs, what a shocker! I won't get too excited as I don't have anything to put them in so I'm letting them take on nature but they're about 1cm long, have their black trademark dots and must have been hiding in all the E.Densa, so I panicked and looked to check I'd not chucked any fry out of the water but seem to be safe.

So rather then cause upset I've just rested all the E.Densa back in floating on the surface and it's a really dense bit of vegetation so I'm hoping they've the sense to stay in there where their parents won't notice them, other than Platies and Guppies as a child I've never had any other fish breed. Not only this, but in my large 5 footer I have Angelfish eggs (again, no breeding tank or anything to quarantine them in) I don't expect baby Angels but it is some comfort after a few turbulent occasions last year that whilst I don't have showpiece tanks at the present, I have tanks that my fish enjoy being in - because none are sick, and some are making babies haha :fun:

Sounds like a late christmas present. Hope your new additions live a long healthy life.

Keith.

Most reactions

trending

Back