Strange Plec Like Fish At Lfs

keenonfish

Fish Addict
Joined
Sep 23, 2008
Messages
895
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Manchester, UK
Hey folks went to Maidenhead aquatics today and saw some plec like creatures but instead of the streamlined body they had a sort of round skirt shaped body to them. Almost heading toward looking like a tadpole shrimp... Think they were black with many white dots or flecks and about 4cm long.

Anyone any ideas what they were?
 
yep not exact match but looks like similar species! Reading the specs it doesn't strike me as the sort of fish you would expect at the LFS... Might quiz 'em next time hehe

Needless to say I don't think I will be adding these to my tank!

Thanks.

Olly.
 
these are excellent. Most of our customers call them SPLATS now, nothing to do with me, well maybe a little :lol: they just look like they've hit the side of the tank at great speed. Love the way they sort of glide across the tank as well. Can be very sensitive to change so always best to know the water stats of the tank they are coming from. I would test the bag water rather than ask staff as some staff do not know the chemistries in the store and could easily lie.
 
We used to have a hillstream loach and I absolutely LOVED that little sucker. So adorable watching it come down to the gravel to eat. Looked like a little puppet eating (least that's what it reminded me of for some reason lol).
It died unfortunatly though b/c our pH crashed for some unknown reason :(
It was such a great fish though and I highly recommend them if you have the right setup :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top