I went in to do something on my computer yesterday, and looked over to see what my Figure 8 was up to, and thought he was dead. He had his tail curled up, almost like he was making himself into a little ball. He wasn't swimming, rather curled up in a ball riding the current of the filter. I got really worried, because he wasn't doing anything other than just riding the current in a ball, so I tapped on the glass and he immediately snapped out of it, then returned to normal, and ate fine this morning and everything. I'm not sure if fish have the capacity to be silly and just do things for fun, but maybe they do? Is it possible he was just trying to have a good time? I certainly hope nothing is wrong, and watching him this morning it definitely didn't seem like it, but I was really worried last night. Any input is appreciated... Thanks.
He curled up and sank to the bottom breathing heavily for almost 5 minutes. Eventually he went back to normal and I do things more careful now. If your F8 constantly curls it's tail and sits at the bottom, it is definitely a problem. If it did that only once, it's probably temporarily upset by something.






