Type:.......................Adult size:
4 dwarf gouramis...12
3 angelfish.............12
4 gold barbs...........10
10 card tetra..........15
1 albino shark.........6
1 bristlenose plec...5
=23 fish.................=60 inches

Alot of people laugh off the 1 inch per gallon rule and so i would prefer a more accurate professional opinion. With the above fishes i would say it looks sort of bare as it is.. Mainly down to the angelfish that are 1.5inches and in 8 to 10 years could be upto 6 inches. Not planning on adding more fish but dont really want to remove any if ive got too many, but obviously have to if it comes to it. Please let me know what you think

yes, the rule is worthless compared to thick bodied fish, tall fish, and any thng that exceeds 3"

1. do you mean cardinal tetra or card tetra?

2. rainbow sharks are territorial bottom dwellers, just to let you know. this should be your albino shark, if not post the species. they are recommended a 55 gallon so there could be potential problems.

3. there is a slight chance of the cardinals being eaten by the angel fish,but if the angels are small now (1-2") then when they gow they should be fine.

4. barbs need at least 5, if not they get severley less active or overly stressed/hyper.

5. make sure the gouramis are 1 male 3 female

6. pleco is ok

7. might be nipping issues with the teatras to the angels and from the tetras to the gouramis, not sure though, i will be including them in my version of stocking

if i were you, and im keeping these fish, i would do this

3 dwarf gouramis
5 angels
7 barbs
11 tetras
1 pleco
5 bronze corys

i took out the shark because it needs more tank space and it would be too aggresive, so i substitued with a shoal of cories.

and hopefully you havent bought fish yet, cuz if you did it would seem pointless as we would have to work around that which you bought

Cheers..

as per my sig, its already setup with those fish in it. Doing a little tweaking/restocking here and there and the list posted in original post is what im aiming for. The cardinal tetra i have (x4 of) i am planning to get another 6 and medium to large sized ones (1.5") The dwarf gouramis are x1 male red x1 female red(silver). x1 male blue and x1 female blue there sort of paired up and x2 stay at one side of the tank and the other x2 stay on the other side.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back