Stocking Question

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

johnnypoohpooh

Reaction score
I have a 10g aquarium that has been up and running for about three months. So far I have stocked it with 3 panda corys, 3 zebra danios, and 3 pristella tetras. I would like to get at least 2 more of either the danios or the tetras. I do not want to overstock. I do .25 water changes every two weeks and all i have not had any problems with keeping the fish healthy. I appreciate any suggestions.

Do you test your water for ammonia, nitrites and nitrates? What are your readings? If the tank is cycled and your current maintanance is enough to keep nitrates low, you can add two more tetras but look out for extra nitrates incase you need to start water changes once a week. I don't think zebra danios shoulc be kept in a 10 gallon tank though. They need swimming space, and although they are absolutely fantastic starter fish, they should have a 20gallon to zip around in :) Also, if your fish are not full grown, do keep in mind that they will produce more waste as adults and you may find you need to increase water changes anyway (without the addition of more fish).

Most reactions

Back